Friday, February 3, 2012

First time I have gained since surgery

Today, I was up 0.4 pounds. I know thats not very much but it still made me sad.....its my first gain since being banded in Sept.


I had really good days and then a few bad ones with poor food choices this week. As I ate the not so good for me choices I kept telling myself "you know this will probably make you gain" but I resorted back to some of my old habits of talking myself into the food. Its like I told myself "weigh in is not til Friday so you have a few more days to cheat". Wow, I haven't had those feelings/thoughts for awhile. It was a reality check that I still have to be mindfull of my "issues" that contributed to my obesity in the past. I know this is not a race or a destination but a journey but it still made me feel sad. I made better choices today and feel confident I will just get back into the saddle. I just need to forgive myself and press forward. Wishing you all a lovely weekend doing things you enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Definitely forgive yourself and move on! You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, learn from it and let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a terrible feeling, isn't it? My first gain was right after Thanksgiving. and you're right ... forgive and move on :) you're still doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer that sucks but I agree you got to forgive yourself and move on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are ROCKING your band, truly:)

    Glad you can forgive yourself and go back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least it wasn't 4.4 lbs! Keep calm and carry on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a constant learning process. It's so easy to slip back into old patterns of thinking! Hopefully this will help you make better choices next time. Just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete