Monday, August 8, 2011

And so it begins....

Hi, my name is Kelli and I have decided to be banded. In 2001 during my first pregnancy they diagnosed me with Type 2 Diabetes (not the gestastional kind). I have also been diagnosed with Hashimotos Disease ( an autoimmune disease that is attacking my thyroid). I have been on a continual steady climb with my weight over the past 10 years despite diets, diet pills, exercise programs, medication adjustments  etc etc. I really feel like my metabolism is stuck in reverse. In 2007, I did manage to lose 50 pounds with weight watchers but in a matter of time I gained it all back and then some. I know some of you reading this know exactly what I am talking about. Today, I am at my highest weight ever and I know that I need to change this. I thought long and hard about this decision and have researched lab band for about a year and a half now. I really want to put my Diabetes in remission and lose this weight for good. Even though I qualify for the procedure with my BMI and medical history I found out that my work put an exclusion on our insurance policy for any bariatric services. Therefore, I will be paying for this surgery on my own. This is a huge life and financial decision. Last Thursday I went for my second appt. and I was cleared for surgery. My Surgery is scheduled for Sept. 15th. I am excited, nervous, scared and just about any other emotion you can think of! I plan to Blog my feelings before and after surgery as a tool to help me learn and be successful with this change. And so it begins....

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment