Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Checking In

Yesterday I had a hard time with the gas pains and trying to get it to move out. I have been walking and taking my gas x strips but I just felt blah. I could hardly get my protein shakes in and I know I didn't drink enough water. Each time I drank anything I would get those sharp gas pains in my chest like I was having a heart attack.  I am wondering  if I will ever have a BM. I have not had one since the day before surgery? I have been taking the Benefiber daily and I even tried a suppository but nothing happened...(I know its okay to talk about poop and things with you all as you understand). I really haven't had anything solid to eat so I am not sure if I should be concerned at this point. Today already seems better. Some of the swelling in my tummy has gone down and I feel more like myself. I sure am getting my fill of watching HGTV! Thanks again for all the wonderful support.

9 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about having a BM just yet, I didn't for like 2 weeks after, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the BM, It's possible you may begin to have the big d. I know with all the liquids going in, I had it the entire time I was on liquids. Finally started to clear up when I got on to mushies and then solids was much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as it is liquids in, it will be liquid out! That is the rule so do not worry yet. Just really really try hard to drink and drink and drink. Remember you are are healing.

    You will feel better each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this may be way too much information but i was having tons of bms after - i think it had something to do with the two weeks of the runs in Tunisia before being banded lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BM are a problem in the beginning (and sometimes longer). It is normal. The gas pain should work itself out in a few days. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there new follower! I hope things get easier for you!!!

    http://banded-army-wife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. walk, sip, rest ... repeat ... the bm will arrive and all will be ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I totally hear you on the need for a bowel movement! Believe it or not, I was in total pain by day 3!! I took Correctol which helped. Once I had the BM, I felt much better, and haven't really had any problems since!! LOL

    Welcome to the Sisterhood/Brotherhood of the Bandster's!!

    ReplyDelete